Monday, July 26, 2010

A New Attitude

It's the last week of July! Summer is flying by and, better yet, summer school is just about finished.
Tomorrow, I present my demo for the National Writing Project at a local school district teachers'
summer academy. I'm one of three, and our topic is student research. We are presenting this demo at the national convention for NCATE in November. This means that I get to leave the cold, northeast and travel with a wild, fun-loving group to sunny Orlando, Florida. Feels good to think about travel! I've not had the opportunity to do much of that this summer.
Back to school for me will be August 17! A rapidly approaching iceberg! New job, new boss, new students, new school, new start. But thankfully, after this summer and these classes, I have new thoughts about all of this. I will probably only work for about another 10 years. School libraries will probably look very different by the end of my career. Thankfully, I will be working for an upbeat, dynamic woman who has completely dedicated herself to education. I expect the school climate to be positive, nurturing, and collaborative. It's just the kind of place where I plan to thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment