Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday morning musings

It certainly feels good to have completed that first Fast Track weekend. My greatest challenge was driving to and through Pittsburgh. I only got lost twice, not too shabby for a country girl. Foolishly, I missed the hotel shuttle bus on the first day of class. With a mere 50 minutes to go .5 miles to campus, armed with a plan for parking, and some basic directions, I confidently set off. Within less than five minutes, I had missed the final right hand turn to place me in the right direction; so, I ventured further into the city of Pittsburgh than I really ever wanted to go. Shock! Panic! More than a little frustration, I found my way back to Oakland and strolled into the classroom at about 9:03! Considering that start time was between 9:00 and 9:30, things weren't a total loss. That awful feeling of dread in the very pit of my stomach is what this experience has cost me on more than one occasion. I'm starting to get used to it. Could it be the start of an ulcer, or am I just learning how to persevere?

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely learning how to persevere! It was great meeting you this weekend, Cindy! I hope I didn't get you lost on your way home!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete