Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Big Lesson in Futility!

I'm not proud, but for now--I am calling it done! I finally have something to submit for Assignment 3, and it sure looks like disaster. I had to purchase a microphone; I tried both the head set and I-pod ear buds--didn't work for me. Even with the microphone the audio is barely there. If anyone has some specific suggestions on how to downsize the video, I will try. After completing (?) this assignment, I have to wonder if I have ever produced the same level of angst in any of my own students with any of my assignments. I do know one thing. I'll bet very, very few would ever sit as long as I have to figure it out. The outside weather gloom--rainy, cold, and gray, mirrors my internal frame of mind.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny being on the other side of the desk after teaching for a while, isn't it? I find myself thinking things like, "Gee, these teachers ought to sit down and add up how much time they think the work ought to take each week, and make sure it comes in under the 12 hours they talk about." Have I ever done that? Nope. If I were teaching this fall, though, I am pretty sure I would. (I'm tutoring now, instead of classroom teaching.) Or trying to sit down and do my own assignments from the instructions I give the class--I've heard several times that that's a good idea, but I've never done it. I think it would make a significant difference if our teachers had, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alex! Agreed. It definitely is different on this side of the desk. Also, I used to be a confident student, these days (with all this techie work) I recognize that I'm on very shaky ground. I really don't like feeling like I'm not up to par.

    ReplyDelete