Friday, June 18, 2010

Maybe it is a RW world...

Imagine my surprise when I watch the CBS evening news and see what I'm currently reading about. In Lawrence Lessig's Remix, he talks about the media becoming more a read/write medium. Last night I heard at least 3 questions submitted via Twitter about the Gulf Oil spill. The questions came from viewers, and the news program focused on these and answered them. They were good questions...one was about the safety of consuming seafood from this area. I thought that it was a very good question, and I also wanted to know the answer. I'm convinced that unlike much of my previous coursework--both undergrad and graduate level, this course work is timely and significant. When I began reading the book--Remix, the copyright idea did not pull me in, but now that I'm seeing real, practical connections to this information it renews both my energy and spirit to continue reading/ writing and yes, learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment